Job at Louis Berger Engineering and Construction Consulting
Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We …
Louis Berger Services (LBS) specializes in operation and maintenance services at large, mission-essential military installations, and transportation facilities worldwide. A trusted partner to federal government agencies, we provide expertise in aerial port operations, contingency logistics and ground support services, turnkey power and fueling solutions, as well as heavy vehicle maintenance for defense and security customers. We also provide industry-leading transportation asset maintenance services to state and local clients across the United States
Who We Are – Louis Berger Services (LBS)
We are Louis Berger Services (LBS) and we specialize in operational excellence for defense mission and public critical infrastructure and facilities, globally. We offer turnkey operation and management solutions to reduce risk and life-cycle costs. As people-focused, safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that partners with national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
At the core of everything we do are our values: safety, ethics, respect, value, inclusion, community and excellence. These values are instilled into all of our relationships, projects, programs, and activities enabling us to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.
Louis Berger Services, member of WSP USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
LBS is currently seeking a qualified Highway Maintenance Technician – Herbicide to fill a full-time role based in Belle Glade, FL. The position is responsible for general maintenance of the highway maintenance projects.
YOU MUST possess a Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator License or Spraying Experience
- Applies herbicide and records application per Department of Agriculture and Department of Transportation standards
- Oversees the application of herbicide by other employees per the Department of Agriculture standards
- Uses hand equipment, such as a trimmer, edger, pole-saw, blower
- Cleans and grades ditches, drainage structures, road shoulders, and slopes, remove litter and debris
- Repairs fences, signs, and other roadway assets
- Enters time and work into smartphones, tablets, and computers (company provided)
- Performs Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) / temporary traffic control
- Provides after-hours emergency incident response during scheduled on-call rotation
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Logs maintenance work-order information and checklists manually and electronically
- Loads and unloads equipment, supplies, tools, and material
- Uses all equipment, tools, materials, and supplies safely
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 18+ years of age
- Must be able to communicate with managers and coworkers in English effectively
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. regularly
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work multiple shifts and varying hours, including nights, weekends, and overtime
- Possesses Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator License for 1) General Standards (CORE), 2) aquatic, and 3) right-of-way pest control
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work along local roadways, interstates, and or/highways with commuter traffic passing by at varying rates of speed
- Obtain MOT certificate (coursework and certification paid for by LBS)
- Successful results of pre-employment screenings, including federal background check, MVR, and drug screen
- Comply with Company Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Must be authorized to work in the US or will be authorized by the successful candidate’s start date
- Knowledge and experience with chemical and fertilizer application.
- Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator License.
- Louis Berger Services, member of WSP USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 3 years
- Travel Required: N/A – No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: BELLE GLADE – NORTH MAIN ST
- All locations: US-FL-Belle Glade